Bounteous Public Training Scholarship Program
Description of Scholarship
Bounteous has educated thousands of people in the technology industry through our public training courses over the past 12 years. Our typical training courses are attended by everyone from small business owners to enterprise marketing and data teams.
We’ve played a part in growing the technology industry and making the web more accessible to all. Diversity and inclusion paves the way for our teams to co-innovate and provides the best solutions for our clients. As we expand into new markets Bounteous continues to foster an environment of learning and professional advancement for the next generation of tech pioneers. We identified the following data and commit to reform:
- 48 percent of women in STEM jobs report discrimination in the recruitment and hiring process.
- Black and Hispanic women, who majored in computer science or engineering, are less likely to be hired into a tech role than their white counterparts.
- 26 percent of computing-related jobs are held by women, but just 3 percent of computing-related jobs are held by African-American women, 6 percent held by Asian women, and 2 percent held by Hispanic women.
- LGBTQ+ women make up 2.3 percent of entry-level employees but comprise only 1.6 percent of managers and even smaller shares of more senior levels in the workplace. Source: BuiltIn
Bounteous will select 5 tech-passionate, forward-thinking individuals on a quarterly basis to:
- Attend two Google Marketing Platform courses (valued at $1000+). Learn valuable digital marketing and analytics skills, including tips on how to obtain industry-specific certifications in tools like Google Analytics and Google Ads.
- Promote your work on our industry-leading blog and social media accounts.
- Partner with a Talent Expert on the Bounteous team to enhance your professional portfolio (i.e cover letters and resumes) as well as prepare you for future interviews.
- Identify as a woman from the Black, Indigenous, People of Color, or LGBTQ+ communities.
- Have an interest in furthering your career in the digital marketing space, or make a major switch from another industry.
- Reside in North America.
- Apply by June 18, 2021 for the Summer 2021 scholarship.
- Winners are notified by June 25, 2021.
- Training courses are scheduled to be completed between July – September 2021.
Applications are open to applicants over the age of 18 and in North America only. Please read the FAQ section below for additional details. Terms and conditions apply.
Applicants do not need to have prior experience or active accounts in the Google products they want to learn about. We will work with individuals to ensure they have proper access through demo accounts or setting up their own accounts prior to class.
For the purpose of the courses, you'll be able to follow along with the Google Demo Account or your own personal account. However, if you don't have access to a company that needs digital marketing and is willing to collaborate with you, consider using this as an opportunity to find a way to gain real-world experience.
Ask at your place of employment if they'll allow you to take off two days for personal development and if they will allow you to have access to and contribute to their marketing success. Or, consider reaching out to a local non-profit, small business, or family friend and offering your services as a chance to learn. Read more here.
Applicants must be available for the entire day, each day of their virtual training courses (two days total, 9:30AM - 3:30 PM ET).
Take a look at the information below to get to know our available courses and what to expect from a Bounteous training:
Applicants should have access to a laptop/computer and internet connection. Training is conducted via Zoom meeting software, and Google products are best experienced on a computer or laptop. Instructions for using Zoom and logging onto the course will be provided prior to class.